At Rakura, we aspire to make a difference well out of proportion to our size by becoming a catalyst for direction and innovation in the industry.
For us, it’s not just about attracting the right people, valuing them and developing them to reach their full potential, but enhancing their lives and the lives of their families. We believe that our accomplishments should not be at the cost of the social and ethical conditions of our people because at Rakura, the secret to making good tea starts at the hands of our people.
The following measures are taken to ensure the wellbeing of our people and the extended community:
• Promote fair recruiting and hiring processes
• Raise awareness on diversity issues and respecting differences
• Support freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
• Promote health and safety
• Campaign against child labour and discrimination
• Embrace industry leading wages and benefits
• Create appropriate working hours and regular employment
• Raise harsh or inhumane treatment issues
We ensure that these measures are not just laid down but are also appropriately addressed by the elected members of the workforce as well the estate management with regular staff meetings to resolve conflicts and accommodate new ideas. These steps endorse our commitment to our people while encouraging us to be front runners in our industry with regards to employee management – a declaration reverberated by our people and the community.